Sesame First Call is a tracking system that identifies the marketing strategy which will be most successful in generating the “first call” from a potential patient looking for your services. This program also provides a great opportunity to strengthen your practice and improve practice call handling.
- Sesame adds a code to your website that allows a special call tracking number to replace your current telephone number whenever a potential patient connects with your website from an online search.
- If you have additional marketing campaigns (email, newsletter, postcard mailer, ad, Yellow Pages ad) that you would like a special tracking number for, you can request a tracking number at any time for the current fee.
- When the call tracking number is dialed, your caller will hear a brief “this call may be recorded” message.
- The call will then ring directly into your practice.
- If you have caller ID in your office, the number that will appear is the Sesame Member Services toll-free number (877-633-5193). The call will then be recorded and logged in your Sesame First Call Dashboard.
Other than the recorded message your patient will hear prior to the call being connected, this process will be seamless and invisible to your practice.
At the top of your monthly Search Report, you will find information about and statistics from your First Call service.
From Organic Traffic
These calls originate from Organic Traffic, which is traffic that comes from search engines. The top of this section is devoted to detailing your total calls from search engine traffic for this month, then breaking down those calls into number of callers who identified themselves as New patients, versus the number of callers who identified themselves as Current, or existing patients. The bottom portion is the same information from the previous month.
If the number of new patient calls and current patient calls combined does not add up to the number of total calls reported, it is because some callers may choose not to identify their patient status. Callers will still be transferred to your main office line even if they do not select an extension.
Calls Over Time From Organic Sources
This chart represents calls generated by search results over the previous 12 months. The blue line represents the total number of calls you received from Organic sources. The yellow-green line represents how many of those callers identified themselves as being new callers, and the orange line represents how many identified themselves as being current patients.
From Paid Traffic
These calls originate from paid advertising campaigns. Since these calls use a different tracking number, they are separate from calls that come from search engine results. As with the chart for calls from Organic Traffic, the top of this section is devoted to total calls for this month, and then they are broken down into number of callers who identified themselves as New patients, versus the number of callers who identified themselves as Current or existing patients.
Calls Over Time From Paid Sources
This chart represents calls generated by paid advertising campaigns over the previous 12 months. The blue line represents the total number of calls you received from Organic sources. The yellow-green line represents how many of those callers identified themselves as being new callers, and the orange line represents how many identified themselves as being current patients.
Looking for more information? Check out these Related Pages!
Our Search Team is available Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM Pacific. You can reach the Social team at 866.856.2050 ext. 1 and the SEO team at 866.856.2050 ext. 2 or send us an email at [email protected].